There’s nothing better than warm comfort-food on a rainy morning, and it’s been nothing but rain here for the past few days. These oats are everything you need to start the day right and very versatile. Top them with banana, berries, choc chips, pretty much anything your heart desires.
The single serve recipe makes it easy to scale to the numbers needed, and if using gluten free oats this recipe is gluten-free and vegan.
Some easy flavour options:
- Choc: Swap the PB powder for 1tsp of cacao powder and choc chips before baking.
- Berry: Add fresh or frozen berries into mixture or as topping, omit PB powder. You could also add white choc chips or top with ricotta and honey.
- Mocha: Swap the plant-based milk for plant-based ice coffee (I love Califia Almond Milk Cold Brew) and add choc chips
- Peanut butter drizzle: Mix a little bit of your choice of nut butter (or even Nutella) with a small amount of milk and microwave in 10 second increments, mixing in between, to create a delicious drizzle.
- Extra protein: You can add a scoop of protein powder into the mixture, it will need more liquid though! I personally don’t like the way the protein changes the texture but if that doesn’t bother you pretty much any flavour should work.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten-free is necessary
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk, my favourite is oat
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup, more if you like it sweeter
- 1 tsp ground LSA
- 1 Tbsp PB powder
- 1 Tbsp nut butter of choice, to top
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a small ramekin or oven proof dish.
- Mix all ingredients together, adding more milk if necessary. You can add some toppings here if you like or leave them until the end.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Decorate with desired toppings and enjoy warm.
Nutrition: whole recipe
- 447 cal (1870kJ)
- 19.9g total fat
- 3.2g sat. fat
- 47g net carbs
- 10.5g fiber
- 9.9g sugar
- 15.8g protein