This post is more of a guide than a recipe, the ways in which this granola can be altered is completely up to you! I chose macadamia’s because I’d never actually made anything with them before. And I was not disappointed.
I love to have this granola on its own as an afternoon snack, mixed with yoghurt for a quick brekky on the go or over ice-cream as a night-time treat! Feel free to swap up the nuts, add in dried fruits, mix up the spices and even swap the oats out for other cereals such as us rice puffs or quinoa flakes.
Serves: 3 cups or approx. 6 serves
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 serve vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 1/4 cup cacao
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light spray of oil.
- Start by roughly chopping your macadamias (and the peanuts if you don’t have crushed).
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl.
- Add maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing as you go. You want the mixture to be slightly wet but not swimming in liquid. Aim for the stickiness of freshly cooked rice, or have a look at the photo’s below.
- Spread the mixture out on the baking tray in a thin layer.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir the mixture several times while cooking.
Nutrition: per 1/2 cup serve
- 449 cal (1878 kJ)
- 30.2g total fat
- 5.4g sat. fat
- 30.6g net carbs
- 10.9g fiber
- 9.6g sugar
- 15g protein
Leave a Reply