Forcing yourself to get down veggies or foods you really don’t like is a sure fire way to make yourself miserable! Why suffer through soggy boiled zucchini when you can have this tasty, nutritious version instead?
Cooked with honey and thyme and then topped with fetta and chilli, this side-dish is bursting with flavour and is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ.
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 50g feta
- Lemon & chilli flakes, to serve
- Slice the zucchini into quarters lengthways and pick the leaves from the thyme.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat with a little bit of oil. When hot add the zucchini and cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden in colour.
- In the last minute of cooking add in the honey and 1/2 the thyme. Toss to coat evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate up the zucchini and if there’s any pan-juices left pour over the top. Sprinkle over the rest of the thyme and crumble over feta. Squeeze over a dash of lemon juice and chilli flakes and you’re ready to go!
Nutrition: per serve
- 162 cal (678 kJ)
- 7.5g total fat
- 4.3g sat. fat
- 15.9g net carbs
- 2.8g fiber
- 15.3g sugar
- 7.4g protein
Leave a Reply