This little recipe is quickly becoming one of my favourite go-to’s when I know I have a busy week ahead and cooked brekkies aren’t an option. With only 7 ingredients and 5 minutes of hands on time it’s easy to make in big batches and keep stored in an air tight container for the week ahead.
This recipe is also super versatile! Swap out the hazelnuts for pretty much any nut of your choice. If you don’t like the way the chia seeds stick to your teeth you can decrease the amount or simply omit them all together.
My favourite way to eat this granola is with yoghurt and berries, and to top hot brekkies like pancakes and waffles – it adds a delectable, nutty, sweet crunch that really amplifies the dish.
Serves: 5-6 (1/3-1/2 cup serving size)
Time: 40 min
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Mix all ingredients together so everything is evenly distributed.
- Spread out thinly on a lined backing tray – if the mixture is too dense and smothered it won’t get as crispy.
- Bake for around 35 minutes, mixing around every 5-10 minutes. It’s good to go when it’s turned a golden brown.