Banana bread is a super quick and easy breakfast or snack to make ahead and eat on the go. Adding a touch of protein ensures it’s going to be a little more filling as well as helping you to meet your daily protein needs.
My favourite way to serve this is toasted with butter and cinnamon! But you can also top with peanut butter, ricotta, choc chips, berries – whatever your heart desires. If you want to switch it up a bit try a flavoured protein powder such as chocolate, coffee or caramel – just keep in mind they may be sweeter.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour (white or a mixture of white and wholemeal will also work)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I use monk fruit)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: peanut butter or choc chips or extra banana to top
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mash the bananas and combine with the applesauce, vanilla and milk.
- Mix in all the other ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into a greased bread tin.
- If adding topping add it now.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let cool before removing from pan.
If the batter looks too dry add some more milk, different protein powders will have different effects.
Leave a Reply