We love a winter slow-cooker! Especially with the weather we’ve been having lately (the leak in our roof leaves no room to stress about cooking dinner). This pork is juicy, sweet, rich and pretty damn spicy – if you don’t like spice this one isn’t for you sorry.
If you do want to make this a little less spicy than feel free to tweak the recipe a little! Use less jalapeno and sriracha, stir through some coconut milk or sour cream.
Time: 8 hours (slow-cooker)
- 1kg pork shoulder, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (use less if you’re worried about spice)
- 3 Tbsp gochujang paste
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 4 Tbsp apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha (use less if you’re worried about spice)
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, coriander, jalapenos, sour cream
- Super easy – Put everything into your slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice and top with your choice of sesame seeds, coriander, jalapenos and sour cream.
Leave a Reply