Waffles and pancakes are my go-to sweet brekkies. They’re guaranteed to fill me up and keep me satisfied for busy mornings. With a bit of added protein they’re even better! This recipes makes 3 waffles packed with 30g of protein at only 360 calories, leaving plenty of room for your favourite toppings.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 Tbsp milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice, depending on your protein powder you may not need this
- Mix the wet ingredients together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Let sit while you heat up your waffle maker or iron.
- Grease with a spray of oil and spoon in around 1/3 of the mixture into each compartment (I use a 2 compartment waffle iron, yours may be bigger/smaller so try to eyeball it as best as you can).
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping when you need to. Serve hot with your choice of toppings!
Leave a Reply