Ever have a container or leftover quinoa in your fridge that you just don’t know what to do with? Turn it into a tasty and easy breakfast porridge! Quinoa lends a nutty, chewy quality to this breakfast dish while also packing a punch of protein to start your day right.
These are best made the night before and make for an easy and nutritious brekky on the go. Top them with whatever you please! My favourite toppings include: fresh berries, banana or other fruit, ricotta, yoghurt, honey/maple syrup, nut butter or even some dark chocolate chunks.
Prep: 5 minutes
- 1 cup leftover quinoa
- Enough milk of choice to cover quinoa
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Toppings: yoghurt, berries, nuts, seeds, nut butter, whatever you please!
- In a small container cover the quinoa with milk and stir in the sweetener and vanilla.
- Cover and leave in the fridge preferably overnight but at least 4 hours minimum.
- In the morning top with your favourite toppings and enjoy cold or warmed through.
Leave a Reply