These cinnamon rolls are super easy and tasty as an afternoon snack or after dinner treat! The Greek yoghurt provides a hit of protein to keep you satiated while also indulging your sweet tooth!
Serves: 2 large, 4-5 small
Time: 55 minutes
- 70g self raising flour + more for dusting
- 90g low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice, I use monk fruit
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp reduced fat butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp milk of choice
- 1/4 cup icing sugar style sweetener, I use monk fruit.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Mix together the flour, yoghurt and 2 tsp sweetener to make a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface. knead for a few minutes until it’s less sticky then separate into 2 balls.
- Shape each ball into a rectangle and roll out into 1 inch wide strips, dusting with more flour as needed, until they’re about 1-2mm thick.
- Brush both strips with butter, then sprinkle on desired amount of cinnamon and sweetener. Roll each strip into a snail-like spiral.
- Place in an oven proof dish, brush with milk and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- To make the glaze simply take the icing sugar sweetener and add small amounts of boiling water until the sweetener dissolves and you get the right consistency – it won’t take much at all.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool once out of the oven then drizzle the glaze over top.