Not every meals has to be packed with veggies or complex carbs, it’s just as important to nourish your soul and eat the foods that you love – indulge a little.
Pears are at their best right now, super sweet, crisp and juicy! And what better to pair (wink wink) them with than creamy, decadent cheese, fresh herbs and a drizzle of local honey.
This is best served fresh and despite appearances can be very filling!
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 sheet light puff pastry
- 200g brie cheese
- 2 medium pears
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180c fan-forced.
- Slice the pear and brie into 1/2 cm slices. Lay out the puff pastry and fold the edges over slightly to make a small border (to keep the cheese from escaping).
- Layer the pears and brie on top of the pastry, alternating between the two and sprinkling some rosemary leaves between as well.
- Top with the rest of the rosemary and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Use a brush to brush the egg along the pastry edges. bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and pastry is browned.
- While it’s hot drizzle over the honey and some more pepper and rosemary if desired.
Tips and Suggestions
- Stuff as much of the brie and pear in as you can but if you’ve got leftovers they’re perfect for a little cooking snack!
- You can add other fruits or vegetables if you want – sweet potato, apple or eggplant would be great in this.
- This recipe is perfect for harder, apple-like pears.
- Freeze the brie to make it easier to cut, especially if your kitchen is warm.